Friday, December 8, 2017

Cancer antigen test

On November 29th, I saw Dr. C. for the first follow-up appointment since treatment ended.  Before the appointment, I had blood drawn.  One of the tests was a cancer antigen test, something I'd never heard of before.  It is a test used to see if treatment is working.

A day or so after my appointment, my results came back.  I was at a 6.7 which is considered within normal range!  I was stoked.  It seemed like everything might turn out.  Then, I decided to see if I'd ever had the test done before.  I had... once in August before treatment began.  It used to be a 7.2... progress!  But, wait.  7.2 is also considered in the normal range.  So, progress, but nothing earth-shattering.

I keep telling myself any decrease is good.  I only had a few little spots, so the change wouldn't be huge... right?  I try to be positive.  But, since it wasn't definitive, it was a letdown I can't afford to linger on.



No comments:

Post a Comment