Monday, August 28, 2017

The 2nd opinion & minus 3 weeks

Dr. R. will send my files down to a gynecologic oncologist.  I await a call from the new doctor's office.  She's one of the best in the country/world and has more options under her belt.  She's an even farther journey but, if she's the best...

I want my ducks in a row.  I want to know, by the time treatment begins, I've done everything I can to assure the best possible outcome.

I cringe at the pain of another, farther appointment.  I worry more time will be spent talking than treating.  My two-month Cancerversary was the 26th... and no one has a definitive plan.

After I see the new oncologist, Dr. R. will talk to her about my situation.  Hopefully, I will be receiving radiation by the end of September.
________________________________________
On an excellent note, Dr. R. said my external radiation treatment will be between five and six weeks... not nine.  I guess the scans were promising enough for me to not need as much.  I can do this...

No comments:

Post a Comment