Sunday, August 27, 2017

Busy weeks before treatment

Two or three weeks.  That's how long I think I have before radiation treatment.  If the stars align, I will be seeing Dr. R. this week.  But, things will take time to set up for the treatment itself.  Next Monday is also a holiday in the United States.

I planned on seeing Dr. R. this week.  Next week, Mr. Davicob and I were going to go out on a date.  Otherwise, I didn't have much planned.  Well, now I do.

One day this week, my sister will be coming over for the day.  She's home from a three-week vacation and we haven't seen each other in over a month.  I'm looking forward to it.

On Labor Day, Mr. Davicob and I are going to my mom's for a grill-out.  We just heard about it this weekend.  Two of my brothers (our baby brother should be at college) and my sister plan on being there.  It promises to be a good family afternoon.

Things in life often just spring up but, even when they're enjoyable, they drain me.  Extra outings mean more pain flares.  A visitor (regardless of how much I love the person) means one less day of relaxation.

My family is worth it.  They are all candles within my darkness.  I love them with all pieces of my heart.  When treatment begins, I might say "no" a little more.  For now though, I'll create memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment