Monday, August 14, 2017

Not driving is hell when you have cancer

My appointments for my scans are set, but the van company I get my rides through is booked.  It took seventeen minutes on the phone to coordinate everything and everyone.  I don't want to give my cancer more time to grow than it already has, so I have to reschedule two different days close together.

Next Wednesday, I have a meeting with Dr. C. to discuss the scans, so I'm hopeful for a Monday or Tuesday scan date.  Rescheduling things is upsetting to me, more uncertainty and stress when I've had enough.  What other choice do I have?  No other company can take me so far that exists close by.

My husband and I don't drive.  We can't afford a handicapped van if we did.  We are at the mercy of other elements.  I'm grateful to have the access I do, but it's so difficult maintaining calm.  I have to trust that everything will get where it needs to go.  I have to trust... and call to reschedule tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment