Monday, October 15, 2018

Thoracoscopy

The MRI lead to a surgical consultation which will end in surgery.  The thoracoscopy date is set for the middle of next month.  After a hospital stay of 1-3 days, I will go to rehab for 1-3 weeks because my body and way of maneuvering is different than most people's.  My family is having an early Thanksgiving because I'll be away during the actual holiday.

I'm scared of so many things.

I saw the scan.  I can't put off the procedure for too long.  Part of me wants to.

If the mass in my chest is malignant, it will be a whole separate cancer than the one that was in my pelvis because nothing metastasized there.  I ponder the odds of two types of cancer manifesting at the same time.

I don't want cancer again.  I don't want to die.

The rehabilitation stay means my husband and I will live apart.  How can I properly heal when half of my heart is gone?

What if I never gain my mobility back?

What if I never wake up?

The surgeon who will operate on me is quite experienced.  A thoracoscopy is fairly gentle on the body... considering.  The mass will be removed in its entirety.

No comments:

Post a Comment