Sunday, September 10, 2017

My self-care ideas

While receiving treatment, I'm going to do what I can to not catch a virus and ease my chronic pain.  The external radiation will take place about an hour from home five days a week, and the internal will take place two-or-three hours away, depending.
_________________________________

I've asked my Nurse Practitioner for pain medication and the masks people wear in public to limit exposure to germs.

I'm going to double my vitamin C intake during treatment.

I'm going to try to make my wheelchair a bit more comfortable and have a ritual I do each day when I get home.  The ritual, so far, includes my loose-fitting pajamas.

I have a very soft, plush turtle my sister gave me to act as a "Radiation Buddy".  I know I'm in my thirties, but anything that comforts me in some way is welcome.  Maybe it will help me remember everyone who's cheering for me when they can't be there.
______________________
I'll probably add more to this, but it's a start.
Do you have anything special you do to keep healthy, calm, or comfortable during treatment?

No comments:

Post a Comment