Tuesday, September 5, 2017

I detest my body (complaining post)

My body prevents me from doing too much.  I get ill and tired too fast, too easy.  I made it to the Labor Day gathering yesterday sans Mr. Davicob (he was exhausted).  I stayed about five hours.  My body ached with such ferocity, I squirmed.  I slept over nine hours last night and I'm still tired.  My cold doesn't seem to be curtailing.  I hurt today in a way that isn't illness... just overdoing things.

Friday, Mr. Davicob and I are still going on our date.  This might be our last chance for a while.

I have correspondence (five letters) to write and send via snail mail.  I have a questionnaire from the office of Dr. Marvelous to complete.  I have a brochure to edit for an acquaintance (the only way I could say "no" is to tell her about the cancer).  I have other "office" work to do.

Monday, I go see Dr. Marvelous a good distance away from my home.  Eight hours in the wheelchair, conservatively.

Thursday or Friday of next week, my sister and I are having lunch with the acquaintance who has the brochure.  She's a lovely woman and a lot of fun and I want to do it... but, pain and exhaustion.  But... doing it.

My brothers want to see a movie at a theater.  They're close siblings.  They should go together.  But, my toddler nephew and mom need assistance (they all live together), so it's hard to plan things like that.  I want Mr. Davicob and I to go to my family's for a few hours so no one has to worry about anything.  I don't know if I can schedule anything else.  Everything is already too much.  I probably won't go.

I'm so frustrated by my limitations right now, cursing this body for its betrayal and obstinacy.  It constantly thwarts me.  I'm having a difficult time maintaining a level mood.  I don't need this, now.  Who does?

I'll feel better tomorrow.  But, I feel like a "do-nothing" failure tonight.  Just have to go through it.  One breath at a time.




No comments:

Post a Comment