Friday, August 11, 2017

My Thursday (PET Scan and Dr. C.)

Mr. Davicob and I went to three different appointments on Thursday.  The first two were scan/labs (the PET scan taking longer than anticipated because I need more time with bathrooming and transferring).  The last appointment was for Dr. C. (the chemotherapy doctor).

I liked Dr. C. a lot, but am hoping I don't need him as my doctor because that means my cancer has spread beyond what radiation can help.  He told me that Dr. S. (the surgeon) said I'm not a good candidate for surgery at all.  Dr. S. merely said to me that I wasn't a good candidate until the PET Scan results came back to see if it spread. It was a bit shocking to know Dr. S. washed his hands of me completely without saying a word to me about it.  A hysterectomy is often the best option with cancer confined to the uterus/cervix and now, my outcome isn't as certain.

Between needing to lie down for the PET Scan and taking painkiller at the hospital (I took some with me) I wasn't hurting as bad when I got home as I did on Tuesday, though it was still more than usual.

Sitting in my wheelchair without moving for over an hour (when the IV for the PET was administered) was a slow torture.  I had spasms, and there were times I had no choice but to adjust.  I did what I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment