Saturday, August 26, 2017

MRI/CT results

Tuesday, I went through my second-ever CT scan.  I also had my first MRI scan.  I would endure fifty CT scans before I'd submit to another MRI.

With chronic pain, the MRI scan is unbearable.  There is no movement allowed during it, which might be tolerable if I weren't squeezed tight in there on my (normally painful) back with pads around my exposed skin making it tighter.  It also felt like I was still lying on the plastic transfer board they first used to move me, though I could be wrong.  I spent a good half hour in there... around twenty minutes of it with numb fingers, hurting back, and my right hip burning so badly, I actually thought my skin was melting.  I cried.
___________________________
Wednesday, I went alone to see Dr. C. because Mr. Davicob wasn't feeling well (he's under a lot of stress).  Dr. C. said that a couple of nodes in the expected region show signs of cancer.  There is also still residual cancer where my tumor was removed.

The anomaly in my sternum is a node between my lungs that's enlarged or reacting to the injections for some reason.  People don't tend to get cancer right there, so Dr. C. isn't worried about it.  When Dr. R. comes back from vacation, Dr. C. will ask Dr. R. if he wants to test it.

 I'm relieved the cancer seems contained to the same area.  Radiation is still what I need.

Next week, I will likely end up seeing Dr. R. again.  We'll talk about the best course of action for my radiation treatment.


No comments:

Post a Comment