Wednesday, February 27, 2019

ABVD Cocktail

A = Adriamycin
B = Bleomycin
V = Vinblastine
D = Dacarbazine

These four drugs are in my chemotherapy cocktail.  Each comes with its own quirks or problems.

Supplementary medicines:

Emend = anti-nausea
Dexamethasone = steroid
Prochlorperazine = anti-nausea (as needed)
Ondansetron = anti-nausea
*~*~*
I am finally starting to regain the energy and mental prowess chemo absconded with this past week.  I was zonked, which is something I didn't expect this quickly.  It was difficult to deal with.

But, chemo doesn't stop there!  I also have/had:  Random muscle pains, urinary incontinence, severe constipation, and painful esophagus/stomach.  Some side effects are so bad I'm halfway convinced something terrible is going to occur soon.  My mouth always feels coated in something half-innocuous, half-vile.

I'm trying to mitigate damage as much as possible.  Ice cream helps my burning esophagus (small servings of fairly plain kinds or I get nauseous).  Stool softeners are at the ready.  Warmth helps the muscle pain.
*~*~*
I lack the will to do much right now.  Regulating my body feels like a full-time job, but the end results will be worth it.  I'm holding onto thoughts of life post-cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment